Ancient Origins Collagen - Chocolate Brownie
- Rich, fudgy chocolate flavor
- 10g protein, 40 calories
- Features collagen types I and III
- Supports healthy skin, nails and joints†
- From 3 real-food sources (New Zealand beef, lamb and venison)
- Sweetened with New Zealand Manuka Honey and monk fruit
- From grass-fed (365 days per year) sources
- Add one scoop with 8 ounces of water or any beverage
- Add into your daily coffee or smoothie
- Add to pancakes, oatmeal or cookies
Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides
New Zealand Manuka Honey
Unlike in the United States, where animals can qualify as “grass-fed” even if they spend months out of the year eating hay indoors, most livestock in New Zealand spend 365 day a year grazing in lush, green pastures. Additionally, New Zealand has an Animal Welfare Act that establishes a legal duty to care for animals, meeting their physical, health and behavior needs. Put simply, no country better shares our ideals than New Zealand.
Collagen peptides contain the same exact set of amino acids and nutrients as collagen but have undergone a process called hydrolysis to break them down into shorter chains of proteins.
Collagen peptides can be dissolved in both hot or cold water and, because of the hydrolysis process, are broken down and digested more easily in your stomach. They also have a high bioavailability and can be absorbed into the bloodstream more readily than regular collagen protein, giving you more bang for your buck in terms of nutrition.
These supplements go by a number of different names, including hydrolyzed collagen powder, collagen hydrolysate and collagen peptides.